Do you have a hard time getting your kids to eat their carrots?
For some reason my kids do not like cooked carrots! I thought that carrots were popular among children, but apparently not! I don’t know, maybe it’s just my kids! They love carrots raw, but cook them and serve them as a side, and they act like I’m trying to poison them.
But these carrots, are AMAZING! Whether your kids like carrots or not, you need to give these a try! They are so much sweeter and tastier than just plain steamed carrots! And they are made with healthy ingredients! Your family will love them!
*This Post Contains Affiliate Links*
Coconut Sugar Carrots!
These carrots are awesome! Sweet, juicy, buttery… what’s not to love!
In fact, we had them for dinner tonight!
They are the perfect side dish in that they pair well with just about anything. We had them with an amazing chicken dish that I found, of course, on Pinterest;).
But I really can’t think of a meal that they wouldn’t go well with!
The beautiful thing about this recipe is that the carrots are sweetened with a healthier sweetener! We use coconut sugar a lot in my house. It’s great not only for cooking, but it is excellent in baked goods! I replace regular cane sugar with coconut sugar in most of the baked goods that I make!
Ok, so, now that you are convinced that you need these carrots on your dinner table, lets go over the ingredients and how to make them.
How simple is that?! And, not only are the ingredients simple, but the instructions are simple as well!
How to make coconut sugar carrots:
1.Start by washing, and peeling your carrots. Now, I know that there are lots of nutrients in the peels, so if you don’t want to peel them that’s fine. I don’t peel my carrots when I grow them myself, but with store bought carrots I always feel the need to. I’m a worrier like that:)
2. Next chop your carrots into small pieces, like the above picture. Mine aren’t very uniform in size, but they taste just as good as if they were;)
3. Melt a stick of butter in your pan. I used my cast iron pan.
You can read all about my love for cast iron, and my favorite cast iron products that you need in your kitchen, here:)
4. Add cut carrots, being careful not to splash hot butter on yourself. Of course that has never happened to me;) Stir to coat carrots in the butter.
5. Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the carrots and then mix well. You want the coconut sugar to mix into the butter and coat the carrots.
6. Cook until the carrots are tender and can be stuck with a fork. This should take about 15-20 minutes, based on how crunchy you want your carrots to be.
7. And the only thing left to do is to spoon them into a bowl and pour the remaining butter over the carrots.
Serve with your favorite dish and enjoy!
Coconut Sugar Carrots!
- 2 Pounds Organic Carrots
- 1 Stick Grass-fed Butter Salted
- 1/3 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- Start by washing and peeling your carrots.
- Chop carrots into bite size chunks.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add cut carrots, being careful not to splash hot butter on yourself. Stir to coat carrots in the butter.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the carrots and then mix well. You want the coconut sugar to mix into the butter and coat the carrots.
- Cook until the carrots are tender and can be stuck with a fork. This should take about 15-20 minutes, based on how crunchy you want your carrots to be.
- And the only thing left to do is to spoon them into a bowl and pour the remaining butter over the carrots. Serve and enjoy!